It can be a little intimidating and a lot overwhelming when trying on wedding gowns. Each bridal store will be different but there's definitely a general list of things to expect when you try on wedding gowns.
* Call ahead of time to see what the stores policy is regarding an appointment. Most bridal salons require or strongly suggest customers to have an appointment. The main reason is so the store can be sure to have an experienced bridal consultant to work with each bride that comes in to try on.
* Bridal fittings typically last about an hour and fifteen minutes to an hour and a half. Don't worry, if you need more time most stores will be quite accommodating!
* Be sure to have an idea of what you are wanting to spend on your wedding gown. A bridal consultant will more than likely ask you this question. It's not to be nosey but to help each bride realistically decide what you should or should not try on.
* Expect a bridal consultant to be in the dressing room with you most of the appointment to help zip, unzip, button, and clip. It can be awkward at first but trust me....bridal consultants are so used to helping brides get dressed and undressed they don't even think twice about it.
* Bridal gown sizing is VERY different than how street clothing is sized. For a rule of thumb, bridal gowns run about 2 sizes smaller than the tag says. (Size 12 is really about a size 8.)
* Most bridal stores samples are anywhere from a size 8 to a size 14. More than likely the samples will be too big or too small but the bridal consultants job is to help you imagine what your size would look like on you.
*Know what the stores picture policy is. Many stores do not allow photos during the appointment. (At Tesori we don't mind picture taking as we feel like it helps in the decision making process.)
*If you do plan on buying that day the standard required amount to pay on your dress is a 50% deposit and 50% once the dress arrives in store. (If you plan on writing a check be sure to ask ahead of time as most places do not accept checks.)
*And remember, the bridal consultant wants the experience to be just as perfect as you do so relax and HAVE FUN!
(Don't forget to subscribe for more wedding fun!!)